Who we are:
Spekk is a digital advertising agency for high-consideration products. We help businesses with complex offerings increase their sales by combining our deep knowledge of paid social advertising with an in-house creative department. Our creative team develops brand platforms, campaigns and social first content that actually drives results online.
As a freelance Creative Strategist at Spekk, you’ll be called upon to provide temporary support on the most exciting projects. Your mission will be to work closely with our Creative Director to blend strategic thinking with creative flair, crafting narratives that simplify our clients’ often-complex offerings into compelling brands and campaigns.
Your scope would differ depending on the project and client. Sometimes you’d have full ownership of the process from A-Z (with supporting copywriters and designers) and sometimes you’d be called in to support part of the journey.
- Strategic Vision: Develop creative strategies that can shape the foundation of a brand platform/visual identity.
- Campaign Conceptualization: Lead the ideation and creation of captivating campaigns, turning product complexities into compelling stories that resonate across digital platforms.
- Content Ideation: Ideate and storyboard social-first content ideas that deliver on paid media objectives and feel culturally relevant and on-trend for today’s social feeds.
- Collaborative Excellence: Work seamlessly with cross-functional teams, including designers, copywriters, and account managers, to bring your strategic vision to life while aligning with client objectives.
- Market Insight: Stay informed about industry trends, consumer behaviours, and competitor activities to inform and optimise creative strategies for maximum impact.
- Data-Driven Creativity: Utilise data and insights to refine and optimise campaigns, ensuring a deep understanding of the audience and continuous improvement for our clients.
- A few years experience working as an agency strategist across different industries, preferably with a few products that involve a complex decision-making process for consumers.
- A portfolio showcasing a range of brand, campaign and/or content executions that are clearly anchored in a strategic insight or idea.
- Highly skilled at conceptual copywriting and presentation building
- Excellent at translating strategy into copywriting and design briefs and supporting these specialists into bringing your vision through.
- In-depth understanding of social platforms and what makes audiences tick, primarily on Instagram and TikTok.
Bonus points if…
- You’d rather spend your money on seeing the world rather than buying more of what’s in it.
- You speak more than one language.
- You have a morally and/or legally questionable story from your gap year to tell us.
- You’d go to Burning Man over Coachella.
- You can mix a killer mezcal cocktail.
- Zero soulless campaign work for prehistoric multinationals who’ll most likely forget your name by Q2 – or whatever those guys call ‘spring.’
- Work directly with Spekk partners and actual client decision-makers at young, high-growth start-ups. Your work will actually be made and pushed live within a matter of weeks.
- Work in a creative environment that is kind, supportive and fun. No egos, no red-tape. Best idea wins – end of story.
- Complete flexibility as to where and when you work. If you deliver quality work on deadline we don’t care if you did it from a psychedelic tree house in Congo – as long as your wifi is crisp on presentation day…
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining Spekk, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, this isn’t a full-time role, so we can’t guarantee a timeline for your first project. If your work catches our eye, we’ll reach out for an exploratory chat to find out what makes you tick and what could be a great fit. We look forward to hearing from you!